Thursday 2 January 2014

Why does it have to be New Year to make a resolution?

So as I sit and type this off my phone, my laptop has decided to have a funny turn, annoying as i have been saying for ages that I will get it fixed. I was thinking that New Years is always used as a excuse to do the things you have been meaning to do your entire life, lose weight, go after your dream job, start a new hobby. So I sit here in my damp smelling floral sweatshirt and I think to myself, I make new resolutions on a nearly daily basis. The wonderful friends that I spent New Years with all stated that they were not going to make any resoloutions when I asked them. Like it was a crime against coolness to want to improve yourself and your life. But what they meant was why bother on this particular evening? Come January the 1st half the population were swearing off booze and eating salad. You can do that any time. Like fabulous mothers and grandmas always say. There is no time like the present. So whether you made any New Year's plans this year or not, you do not need a excuse. Whatever you want to do, go do it. I'm off to fix my laptop, I think I will always smell of damp though, I like old houses too much. 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post - so true! A resolution a day keeps the boredom away! Bloody knackering though!! :)

    ReplyDelete