Saturday 25 January 2014

What happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen.

Oh the joys of shared living?! I mean when you live in a shambolic excuse for a house ( the fact that I'm calling it a house is miss selling it, it's more of a squat I pay rent for) Anyway i share with six other people meaning there have got to be some random conversations and happenings that occur while just eating dinner alone. Casually eating my falafels and salad the other evening.... " no we threw away those syringes" yum. (I think she wanted them for some photography based project) I endured a debate about beat poetry, another concerning are nerves pushed or pulled? And finally a impromptu performance of my housemates latest play in which he is talking to his hand. Surprisingly good. Anyway this got me thinking about the luxury of our own home and the acts that we indulge in when we know the general public can't sneak a peak. Whether that's me eating my dinner accompanied by a disgusting amount of grated cheese, my housemate drinking so much that he gave us a gorgeous fifteen minute rendition of Meatloaf's A Bat Out Of Hell, or just wearing a unicorn onsie with a considerable amount of coffee split down the front. These are not activities that would be allowed outsides the safety of those four shabby walls. However I wouldn't change it, people are much more interesting when they think no one is watching. 

1 comment:

  1. My rendition of Bat Out Of Hell was epic! You're just jealous you don't have my rich voice or stage presence!

    ReplyDelete